Security and user-friendliness usually never go hand in hand.
Our newer device has been designed with flexibility in mind in order to please all crowds.
The device GUI has two different modules: “simple” and “advanced”. Switching between these modes is done by performing a long press on the wheel when in the main menu.
The advanced mode has the following features that the simple mode does not:
- a dedicated main menu item allowing the user to select which category of credentials the mini should only deal with during its session
- a setting menu allowing the user to:
- change the selected keyboard layout
- change login device behavior: switch between notification and prompt
- allow pasword display prompt during manual credential recall
- change the wheel rotation mapping
- change the current language
- changed advanced security settings (see next section)
The above settings shouldn’t need to be setup more than once during the user’s lifetime. During user first setup the device therefore only needs to query the user language as the keyboard layout associated with it automatically set. Asking the desired mode is TBD.
Our previous device would always ask for user confirmation for database operations.